So last week brought on the crazy realization that it has now been over a year since I left for Africa. I can't believe it. I can't believe over 3 months have gone by since I've been back either. I'm really not sure where all the time has gone.
I got to visit Pittsburgh last week and see some family, which was awesome. I've been able to see a decent amount of people since I've been back, which has been great, but I'm ready to settle down into a home. The fact that it's been a year since I left for Africa also means that it's been a year since I've had a solid home base. Even though I was in Africa for 9 months, I always knew it was going to be for a limited amount of time, so it never truly felt like home. And now I've really been running around for the last 3 months. I'm just burnt out I guess. As for today, I'm back in Nashville again looking for a job. Job hunting has been a struggle. I was hoping to be a little further along in my job search at this point, thinking I'd be moving out here by now. I haven't even gotten an interview at this point, which is really frustrating. With this job market there isn't a whole lot out there, and jobs that used to be in my range are now asking for 5+ years experience, because they can. The jobs that I've applied for so far have pretty much all come back as being filled internally. I'm not sure what to do, but I need to continue to network and push on, which is why I'm back in Nashville. I've made some good contacts so far, just waiting for that one opening that fits...
On the other side, it has been a very exciting year, filled with some great ups and downs and some big life changes. Thanks again to everyone who has supported me and prayed for me in that time. All the best.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment